Site updated 08/05/17
2009 - 2017 Family Garden Club of Englewood, Englewood, FL
- Promoting An Active Interest In Gardens, Their Design And Management
- Cooperating In The Protection Of Wild Flowers, Native Plants And Wild Birds
- Promoting And Encouraging Civic Interest In Individual Or Private Gardens, Community Plantings And Parks.
- September 2, 2017 - Summer Garden Plant Sale - Saturday, 9:00am to 1:00pm
The Family Garden Club had a very successful plant sale in July. Thanks to all that participated. The next plant sale will be held on Saturday, September 2, 2017. The types of plants available for sale will be announced soon.
As in the past, the plants were propagated for this sale to raise money to fund Lemon Bay High School scholarships and other local community projects. At the 2017 awards night at LBHS the club awarded two $2,000 scholarship. One to David Kappelmann and the other to Sarah Lown. The money was raised from the previous plant sales. We thank you all for your patronage and support of our sales.
- October 10, 2017, First Meeting of the 2017-2018 Series, at 10:00am at the Elsie Quirk Library
Information will be posted soon.
- Plant Propagation Work Sessions Are Ongoing
The plant propagation committee resumed the plant propagation work sessions for the coming year. We meet weekly on Tuesday mornings (except for the scheduled monthly club meetings). We meet at 8:30am at Paul's yard. If you need directions send an e-mail through the contact page. If you are interested in learning about plants and propagation in this area of Florida this is a fantatsic opportunity. Please feel free to joins us. Membership is not required.